Successfully Helping Insurance Brokers And Agents Resolve Legal Issues
For more than 25 years, we have advised and represented insurance agents, brokers, administrators and other licensed professionals in the wide range of legal issues and proceedings they confront in their businesses. This background and the results we have obtained have led the state’s major producer trade organizations to refer many of their members to our office for help with their legal challenges.
Our lawyers’ years of experience representing producers, insurers and policyholders enable the firm to help producer clients not just with legal expertise, but also with an intimate understanding of the industry, the business challenges producers face, and the expectations of clients and regulators. Our broad expertise in corporate and business law, insurance law, litigation and administrative proceedings makes us a “go-to” firm for insurance professionals for most of their legal needs.
The assistance we provide to our producer clients includes:
- Employment law: Wage and hour issues, leaves of absence, harassment and discrimination prevention and training, employee manuals and agreements, hiring and firing, employee discipline, litigation and mediation
- Compliance with insurance and financial services laws and regulations
- Investigations and licensing proceedings by the Department of Insurance, NASD/FINRA and other self-regulatory organizations governing the financial services industry
- Agency formations, reorganizations, purchases and sales
- Privacy law compliance
- Errors and omissions and broker malpractice
- Agency contracts and insurer-producer disputes
We also partner with our producer clients to enhance the services they offer their clients. To help you serve your clients better, we offer:
- Claim advocacy: Policyholders often look to their agent/broker to help secure a favorable coverage decision on claims. Producers want to be advocates for their clients while avoiding unnecessary adversity with the insurer. Having represented carriers and policyholders in coverage disputes, we have the expertise to present the policyholder’s claim in a way most likely to be received favorably by the insurer.
- Drafting and reviewing of commercial coverage: We are often asked to review the commercial clients’ policies to determine whether the current policies provide adequate coverage for the risks their businesses face. We are also asked to review the new policy language with an eye toward how courts are likely to interpret its provisions.
- Risk management advice, programs and publications: We partner with our producer clients to provide their clients value-added services such as risk management advice, in-house presentations and publications discussing timely risk management and insurance topics.
- Legal audits: We are available to audit client business risks such as employment practices, intellectual property, privacy practices and corporate governance and to recommend risk management tools.
Schedule A Consultation
The Lesser Law Group welcomes inquiries on any legal issues impacting insurance brokers and agents. Contact us by email or call 415-460-7754 to schedule an initial consultation in our San Rafael, California, office.